MoviePass brings the subscription model to content based consumption of entertainment in theaters
- Movie subscription service that allows members to see unlimited movies in their local theaters for one monthly fee.
- Members signup for the subscription service and download the MoviePass app.
- Receive a personalized debit card in mail.
- Customers select a movie, check-in at the theater and purchase the ticket
- Disrupting the entertainment consumption business with demonstrated value for exhibitors and studios
- Total view of the customer for studios to learn and better target
- Proven business model, over $7m ARR
- Huge addressable market in subscription, eCommerce, data licensing and advertising
- EIP Advisory Board Position
- Chris Kelly – former chief legal counsel Facebook, Sacramento Kings owner
- Marc Randolph + Mitch Lowe - Founding team of Netflix
- Jim Ramo - DirecTV founding team, New Media Ventures
- Thomas Tull – Legendary Pictures
- Stacey Spikes – CEO and Co-founder
- Hamet Watt – Chairman and Co-founder
- Shane O’Neil – Fandango
- Jim Ramo – DirecTV
- Hugh Panero – XM Satellite Radio
- Venture Investors – True Ventures, AOL Ventures, Structure Capital, NALA Investments
- New plans for couples and families
- Private Pass – partnering with different studios for passes to premiers
- Film Festival Access
- Industry Events, Parties and Award Shows
MAY 2016 / Professional Athletes: The Next Generation of Tech Entrepreneurs
MARCH 2016 / MoviePass Boosts Movie Theater Attendance by 111%
AUGUST 2015 / MoviePass: The Tech Revolution Comes to Cinema
MARCH 2015 / MoviePass Hires Hulu’s Erantzeri Corona as Marketing VP
DECEMBER 2014 / From AMC and MoviePass, a Film a Day for a Monthly Fee
DECEMBER 2014 / MoviePass lands deal with AMC theaters for subscription movie service
MoviePass improves the theater and movie consumption experience by addressing:
Price concerns of tickets being too high and thereby reducing attendance
Risk – consumers fear of seeing a bad movie and limiting movie choices they watch
Limited selection – value tickets often have limited selection
Movie lovers pay a flat monthly fee to attend movies in theaters
MoviePass has a large target addressable market with a multitude of revenue streams
- $29.99 per month subscription fee in most markets, subject to 1yr subscription agreement.
- $34.99 per month subscription fee in major markets.
- Offer purchase and preordering of BluRays and DVDs though Ingram.
- Average margin of ~15% via markup over wholesale cost.
- Future opportunities include digital film offerings, expanded product set and new vendor partnerships.
- License access to highly valuable proprietary data on usage, trends, demographics.
- Target licenses include film studios, theaters, and market research films.
- Significant inbound interest to date.
- Currently testing in-app display ads with studio partners.
- Allows advertisers and captive audience.
- Future opportunities include dining partnerships with restaurants and brands paying for product placements in films.